terça-feira, 11 de agosto de 2015

WELCOME WILLOW! . A BABY SHOWER FOR LAURA


Oh, why didn’t I sew when my kids were babies?! Sewing baby clothes is so much fun! The clothes are so tiny and cute… And it is so easy to make a nice garment from the smallest piece of fabric ever…

So Laura’s baby shower was the perfect excuse to sew this romper for her newborn girl, Willow. I just hope they both like it as much as I do!

PATTERN: Pelele para Bebé by Oh! Mother of Mine! This is one of many free patterns available on this Spanish blog. There is a nice video tutorial (in Spanish, though…) and the pattern pieces are easily downloadable. This was actually quite an easy and fun project to sew! I can’t really tell you much about the fitting, as such a tiny little piece of clothing would never fit my daughters, but it looks a lot like the rompers they used to wear when they were babies. I just hope it fits Willow…

FABRIC: YAYDay . Pretty Floral . by Emily Isabella for Birch Fabrics. I think this was the first piece of organic cotton I ever bough and I still love it! The colors are bright but not too bright. The design is simple but super special. Perfect for a baby girl!

Since a blog post without one of my daughters in not a real blogpost, I have asked Ines if she would help me today (I caught her on her way to the pool!). She is wearing a shirt I made two years ago with the same fabric and never blog about, I think… The pattern for this shirt is from the Japanese book Girls Style Book (View B) and it is so cute!


And as this blogging community is such an amazing group of friends, you have to check out what these lovely girls have sewn for Willow. I bet you will be super inspired!

6 comentários:

  1. Uh, that bubbly romper is just too sweet!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. This is so awesome! It is absolute perfect! And I LOVE Ines' top!<3

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Absolutely adorable! I love that fabric and the photos with Ines are adorable and hilarious! Perfect everything.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I need a baby so I can make a bubble romper! That fabric is lovely too! And your daughter's top is amazing. The photos are killing me! Love it all is what I am trying to say!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. This makes me want another baby. Almost. I love the pics of your daughter, too. Great, fun top and romper!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Marta this is the cutest romper, Willow is going to look adorable in it! How fun that Ines has a matching top too, it's a shame we can't get our girls together for photos :) Thank you so much for joining in, Willow and I are very lucky.

    ResponderEliminar