segunda-feira, 19 de janeiro de 2015

REFASHION MONTH AT HOUSE OF ESTRELA


It’s Refashion Month at House of Estrela and I am really happy to be, once again, part of this series. Last time I made a top for Teresa with a shirt I used to love and this time I am sharing a shirt for me made with a piece of nice cotton from a bed sheet I bought several years ago. (I told you on my last post you were going to see a lot more selfish sewing around here, right?)
Pattern: View B from the Japanese book Stylish Dress Book. I love Japanese sewing books! I love the design of the garments, the styling and even the instructions. But I still don’t know if Japanese clothes really fit my body type… (I hope they do!) Anyway, I had to try this pattern as the sleeves looked so cool… Before hemming the shirt I decided to try it on and it didn't feel quite right. Though the shoulder line was spot on, the shirt was so big, long and wide on me! I decided to cut almost 10cm/4 inches in length and a 5cm/2 inches on each side of the bodice. I don’t know if this was the right decision… I don’t know if the fitting is better this way… I have so much to learn when it comes to women’s clothing! (I have a lot to learn about children’s clothing, too, I must add!)
 
Fabric: White woven cotton from a bed sheet I bought at Zara Home. Good quality bed sheets (bought for nice prices on sale!) are great for clothes too! They are especially good to make “wearable muslins” (here is the first one I made and still wear a lot.) Since I am just starting to make clothes for me and never know if a pattern is going to work, this is a great way to try a pattern without ruining my best fabric but still getting a nice piece of clothing. One more detail about the shirt: the bias tape on the neckline and sleeves is store bought and I had it on my stash for years. The original design doesn’t feature bias tape on the sleeves but they were so short I thought they would look nice this way.

 As you can see, unlike Teresa and Ines, I don’t feel very comfortable in front of the camera… These were the best photos I could pick and I hope you like them more then I do!

Today is just the first day of Refashion Week so stay tuned for all creations that will pop up at House of Estrela during the week.  And don’t forget to head over Pequeno Mundo a 3 and see what Patricia has refashioned…

11 comentários:

  1. Marta, estás o máximo! Quem me dera ter o teu físico invejável e poder usar uma camisa maravilhosa dessas com tanto estilo ;-) ...

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Totalmente o meu genero! Adoro a tunica... Vou ter mesmo que comprar esse livro! As mangas sao um maximo! :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Ficou girissima! Gosto muito :-)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Love it! It fits you perfectly and looks great on you! The sleeves are super and I really like the bias tape detail!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Lençois... mas que boa ideia!! Adoro o modelo da túnica (essas mangas!) e fica-te lindamente! Tenho de investigar esse livro...

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Obrigado por mais uma participação na série Marta. Eu gostava de ter visto-a um pouco mais "boxy", só por curiosidade, mas fica-te muito bem assim. Eu tb uso lençóis qd quero fazer alguma experiência...

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Ficou mesmo gira! Eu, pessoalmente, gosto imenso desse tipo de mangas e acho que ficou mesmo bem :)
    Ah, e obrigada pela dica dos lençois - já sei o que procurar no final dos saldos!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Tenho o mesmo problema com as fotos. Foste corajosa. Adoro-te por isso. E porque me inspiras <3

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Ficou bestial, Marta! Óptima ideia a dos lençóis e gosto muito da túnica. E que bom é ver-te à frente da lente!

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Marta, estás muito elegante! E a túnica favorece imenso a silhueta!! Também quero!! Parabéns! teresa m.

    ResponderEliminar